Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

It's that time again

My friends have snow.
It's two feet deep.
Their chilly weather,
they can keep.

Here on my island,
we've a tropical breeze
with lots of sunshine
and sand on our knees.


I got up early this morning to talk to a friend on the East Coast.  We ended up laughing and she called me a "Baby, just starting out."  My day had just begun while she was in the late afternoon of her day.  Do you have friends in other time zones?  How does that effect your talking to them?  Can you write a poem about a different time today?  It may be the differences between day and night, or different ages.  What if you could travel back in time?  Who would you talk to?  Or can you travel into the future?  Time is a man-made construct, so why do we have 24 hours in a day?  Don't sailors work on a four hour schedule of bells?
Anyway, I hope you have some time to play with poetry today and to have a good time.  Write on!

Today I will take my time slowly, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. You have two totally different worlds talking to each other. Personally, I'd like to talk to my future self. I know I can write myself a letter and read it in the future. I might consider it.

    ReplyDelete